Thursday 15 April 2010

And then there were 4

Well what a surprise this morning!

I was woken up at 4am hearing loud cries. I was quite panicked wondering what was going on and jumped up to follow the noise.

It seemed to be coming from upstairs so I searched around checking each cat I came across making sure no-one was injured but found nothing.

I then followed the sound into the spare bedroom where Emily the new foster cat was. As I went into the room I could hear she was in distress immediately. I rushed to the corner she was hiding in and found .......

Kittens !!!



She had two new born kittens snuggled up beside her and was struggling to push the next kitten out. After watching her for a few minutes it was clear she would need some help. I helped slowly ease kitten from her but sadly it was still-born :(

She then quickly gave birth to a third and final kitten and so then there were 4!



All 3 kittens are beautiful ginger tabbies and it seems that we have 2 girls and 1 boy. We have named then Nemo, Dory and Coral.

They will be off to the vets today for a full check and I will continue to update on their progress as they grow up and go to their new homes.

0 comments: